Concho Valley Electric Cooperative offers four $2,000 scholarships. Two scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors and two are awarded to other students of higher learning. The CVEC Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for qualified individuals seeking a college, trade school, or university education.
- The applicant must be an active CVEC member whose primary residence is served by CVEC, or be the dependent of a CVEC member whose primary residence is served by CVEC.
- The applicant will be chosen based on the following criteria: grades, leadership, community, school activities and an essay.
- Permissible use of funds includes payment of tuition, fees required for books, supplies, and/or equipment required for courses of instruction.
- The recipient must attend a recognized Texas institution of higher education, including certified trade schools, while pursuing a degree at any level.
- Recipients must obtain at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale and carry a minimum of 12 hours or be considered by the registrar to be a full-time student. One half of the scholarship is awarded at the beginning of the Fall semester and the remaining one half is awarded at the beginning of the Spring semester.
To obtain an application you may come by the CVEC office at 2530 Pulliam St., San Angelo, Tx 76905, call the Member Service department at (325) 655-6957, or download the application below.
Online Scholarship Application
Applications are closed for 2023.
Funding for these scholarships come from monies that would normally be escheated to the state. A portion of each year's escheated funds from unclaimed capital credit accounts are designated by the State Comptroller's Office to be used for scholarship purposes. This is another benefit delivered from your cooperative. CVEC appreciates the opportunity to bring this service to our members.
Scholarship winner images and names may be featured on our website, social media channels, in the CVEC pages of Texas Co-op Power magazine and shared with area news media. Winners must submit a recent photo of themselves (class photo preferred) and may also be asked to have their photos taken at CVEC.
For more information about the scholarships, please contact the scholarship program coordinator, Jacob Webster, at 325-655-6957.