Concho Valley Electric Cooperative offers four $2,000 scholarships. Two scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors and two are awarded to other students of higher learning. The CVEC Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for qualified individuals seeking a college, trade school or university education.
2020 Submission Guidelines
- The applicant must be an active CVEC member whose primary residence is served by CVEC or be the dependent of a CVEC member whose primary residence is served by CVEC.
- The applicant will be chosen based on the following criteria: grades, leadership, community, school activities and essay.
- Permissible use of funds include payment of tuition and fees required for books, supplies and/or equipment required for courses of instruction.
- The recipient may attend a recognized Texas institution of higher education, including certified trade schools, while pursuing a degree at any level.
- Recipients must obtain at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale and carry a minimum of 12 hours or be considered by the registrar to be a full-time student. One half of scholarship is awarded at the beginning of the Fall Semester and the remaining one half is awarded at the beginning of the Spring Semester.
April 3, 2020 -- Extended To April 17th
To obtain an application you may come by the CVEC office at 2530 Pulliam St., San Angelo TX 76905, call the Member Service Department at (325) 655-6957 or download the application below.
In addition to the CVEC Scholarship, the same students are eligible for the Golden Spread EC Directors Memorial Scholarship.
If you cannot read the file, you need to download Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ here.