What is the Government-in-Action Youth Tour?
Government-in-action Youth Tour is an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C., sponsored by Concho Valley Electric Cooperative.
Youth Tour, held June 7-16th this year, is an action-packed trip with more than 125 of your peers and chaperones from across Texas. You'll visit the Washington National Cathedral, Arlington National Cemetery, Smithsonian Institution, memorials and more. Activities include seeing a performance at the Kennedy Center and meeting elected officials.
Participating in the Youth Tour is an awesome way to learn about this great nation, develop leadership skills, gain a better understanding of electric cooperatives, and make friendships that will last beyond the week!
Submission Deadline: February 24th 2017
Eligible entrants must:
- Be in 10th, 11th, 12th grade.
- Be a dependent of a Concho Valley EC member with permanent resident status in the co-op's service area, or attend high school in one of the following towns: Sterling City, Grape Creek, Robert Lee, Bronte, Miles, Veribest, Wall, Christoval, Paint Rock, Mertzon, or Water Valley.
- Submit an essay on the topic:
- "Concho Valley Electric Cooperative is different from other types of electric utilities. How do electric cooperatives differ from other utilities? How did rural electrification by CVEC benefit the Concho Valley, and how does it benefit the Concho Valley today?”
How to Apply
Submit your application and essay...
- In Person:
2530 Pulliam St
San Angelo, TX 76905
- Via Postal Mail:
PO BOX 3388
San Angelo, TX 76902-3388
- Via Email: to firstname.lastname@example.org